• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

License reduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
CO Dept of wildlife just announced that there will be a reduction in license sales for deer and possibly elk for the 2008 hunting season do to high mortality rates.
This is good news for the conserned locals who witnessed the 1984 die off.
IMHO anybody who want to hunt bucks should just put in for a prefrence point for a couple of years until our herds have rebounded.
:thumbsup:

You guys get a bad winter? Or did something else kill them off?

huge winter!!
check out my poop shack :shocked2:
Thank god the oldlady was the first to hear natures call.
DSCF2973.jpg

DSCF2976.jpg
:surrender:

The Cascades in Wa. is looking about the same. I haven't heard yet what the quota will be for this years hunt. I know where I hunt the deer are thick and extra permits were easy to get.

Don't you love all this global warming!

I have friends that live west of Levenworth, they said Stevens pass was closed for five days two weeks ago.
It's gonna' be a big spring in your state.
Were planing on huge flooding

At one point all the passes were closed. I've never seen that before.

It's crazy,
I have a roof shoveling buisness and have eight guys working five and six days a week since Dec 7th and we still haven't got our heads above water!!

DSCF3079.jpg

DSCF3085.jpg

I'm betting we (Washington state) are going to have mass flooding if it warms up too fast. Mt. Baker near where I live hold the record for amount of snow. That was a couple of years ago. I think we are going to beat that last one.

Might be time for those near the river to think about flood insurance.

We have been very fortunate with mild winters and high game populations in Colorado for quite a while. I hate to see this happening, but it was bound to sooner or later.

Greenmtnboy, you better turn that horseshoe upright on the shack. Of all the places to have bad luck, you don't want that to be one of them! :haha:

pab1 said:
We have been very fortunate with mild winters and high game populations in Colorado for quite a while. I hate to see this happening, but it was bound to sooner or later.

Greenmtnboy, you better turn that horseshoe upright on the shack. Of all the places to have bad luck, you don't want that to be one of them! :haha:

:rotf: :rotf:
musta sliped when a certain hillbilly rocked the house after a night of elk stew and PBR.
:shocked2:

we have been blessed with just enough snow but not to much for the critters for the past ten or so years here in Gunnison.
One thing is fer sure there won't be any sick animals left to spread their funk.

Kentuckywindage said:
Will this be state wide or certain units?

I talked to Chris a buddy who works for the DOW this morning when I was feeding after reading about the reduction.
It will be based on how bad each unit is.
Gunnison will prabably be pritty limited.
warmer units with less snow fall will be less affected.
We won't truly know until after the "crust" season is over.
yoties are all ready able to run on top of the snow on most south facing aspects.
elk can still punch through to feed but deer are screwed.

We have had a very light winter here in SE PA. Plenty of rain and until last Friday, very little snow. It has been, by in large, quite warm in this area.

The west side Blacktails are hurting in Oregon also, probably a disease thing though, some doe tags in several areas have dropped from 800 to 125 avaiable tags and I think the ML draw has less tags this year also.

nice! is your tree rat season over?
Man I miss huntin' them furry little bastards.
Thats a trade I'd do.
Nothing like sneeking oak forest mid winter.

Greenmtnboy said:
nice! is your tree rat season over?
Man I miss huntin' them furry little bastards.
Thats a trade I'd do.
Nothing like sneeking oak forest mid winter.

unit 84 in san isabel Ntl. forest has a bunch of them furry bastards. Every year i go hunting i always wish i would have taken advantage of a small game tag :haha:
Those nuts and pine cones they drop make a huge racket in the mornings.

Greenmtnboy said:
Hay are they the black fox eared and is there a season for them?

I think you are talking about abert's squirrels. If so, there is a season for them listed in the Small Game Regulations.

Back