• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Life Size Squirrel Targets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJCASTINGS

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I mentioned that I practice using life size images printed on white craft paper. Here are some you can print. Save the image, then print it full page 8.5" X 11"
3_zpsd0cf929b.jpg

5_zps1a51354f.jpg

4_zps0c857b03.jpg

2_zpse6dec9b4.jpg

1_zps402dd64b.jpg

6_zps44765a55.jpg

Thanks for sharing...life size photo-targets are good practice.
I downloaded this style from a free web site a few years ago.
Yours on a limb are even more realistic.

09191140calSquirrelTarget.jpg

There are stock internet photos that I used Photoshop to crop and adjust to size. ODNR web fox squirrel page states, "The head and body length is from 23 to 30 cm (9.1 to 12 in), the tail from 19 to 25 cm (7.5 to 9.8 in)"

After editing in Photoshop, I imported the pics to my CAD program to dimension the body size within the ODNR limits.

NICE GROUP!!! What rifle is in your pic? I am using a Crockett in .32.

Thanks for the targets. I'll add them to my squirrel targets. I also have a couple that are scaled to reproduce the apparent size at different distances, so the target can be placed at 20 yards but from the shooting bench the squirrel is the size it would be at 40 yards.

Squirrel Tail said:
Thanks for the targets. I'll add them to my squirrel targets. I also have a couple that are scaled to reproduce the apparent size at different distances, so the target can be placed at 20 yards but from the shooting bench the squirrel is the size it would be at 40 yards.

Great idea, can you send me a body measurement of the target and I can scale the ones I posted to simulate 40 yards. Head to butt for body length tail not included. Or post one I can print actual size and then I can import it to scale mine.

Back