• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lion season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Bet y'all thought I killed another lion,
I have cut a few sm track but nothing big enough to put the stalk on.
But I have got some great rutting buck pictures and wintering elk pictures.
Please remember this is public land, not park elk or deer.
Yesterday my six year old daughter stalked within 100yrds of this herd 500 strong with a few in the 350 class range.she is becoming a good little photographer.
enjoy
:thumbsup:

DSCF5284.jpg

DSCF5281.jpg

DSCF5282.jpg

DSCF5287.jpg

DSCF5298.jpg

DSCF5308.jpg

DSCF5309.jpg

DSCF5319.jpg

DSCF5321.jpg

:bow:

Outstanding stuff GMB always a pleasure to see your stuff. :hatsoff:

Great stuff...you both did well !

I always chcukle when I see photos of Does like that...big ole ears forward, quizical look on their faces...you just know they're thinking:
"what in the world is THAT staring at us?"
:grin:

:thumbsup: "OUTSTANDING" thanks for the great pics and to your daughter also.Griz

That gal musta had a purrdy good teacher!
Congrats! :thumbsup:
Dusty :wink:

Capper said:
Wow!

What area should I put in for a deer tag next year? :wink:

Howdy pete,
It's gonna take you a few years to draw over here but don't get into a hurry the deer in the pics are sm, not big deer shooter, we are still recovering from the huge die off four years ago.
this is the last buck I killed nine years ago three years into the draw. A five and a half year old. I arrowed him in his bed, one of my best stalks, took me four hours to crawl 75 yrds.He measured 30 inches and was a 7x7, scored 200 a little over.
DSCF2224-2.jpg

These are some of the sheds I found last spring, so we are getting some good size but still pritty young.
I won't piss away my 9 preference points unless I find a 40 inch buck this spring antler huntin'
DSCF4724-1.jpg

Very nice.

Yeah, points are killing me. I should have worked harder at getting points. I would just apply and hunt what I got. I never gained any points. I know how to play their game now and will apply for a lot of areas I know I won't get. Then I can store the points.

Morning Pete,
I'll give ya a hand filling out your tags if you want, It can be kinda confusing and I usally help several clients, friends, wife etc...
remember you can get preference points and still hunt.
I have 11 bull points and 9 deer but have killed cows and does every year with drawn tags.
I'll be over week ofter next helping out a buddy who lives in chub park putting up wind fence, maby we could meet up for a cup of coffee or somthing.
:thumbsup:

Back