• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Little Forkhorn Mulie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pronghorn

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This is only my second season hunting with a flintlock. Took a mule deer doe last year, and this little buck yesterday. What a hoot!!

.58 cal Tennessee Mountain Rifle
100 grains FF
.570 round ball
.020 patch lubed with moose snot

IMG_0025.jpg

Nice going, there is just something special taking them with the old type gear that is hard to put into words but most all who have done it know that feeling.

Nice job Pronghorn! I don't know about you but I just love that .58 caliber. Beautiful rifle, by the way.
Idaho PRB

The shot was about 50 yards. I first saw him about 75 yards away. He kept coming directly at me, and with the swirling wind I was concerned he would soon smell me. He finally quartered a little to his left, exposing his right shoulder. The round ball hit his shoulder and then destroyed both lungs. Amazing how well those round balls work on game.

Hi pronghorn,

well done. a big Waidmanns Heil. A real good shot at a moving target from the front. :thumbsup:

Regards :hatsoff:

Kirrmeister

Back