• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Little Hudson Valley Fowler speaks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickD

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I get very little time off and as luck would have it today it was raining..Figured the heck with it..Grabbed the Little version of a Hudson Valley fowler that Tom Stroh built and off I went in a light rain to squirrel hunt..Three shot and three squirrels later I`m home wet,tired but happy..Got my rifle and squirrels ready for a pic and the wife said I was wanted on the phone..Came back less than 5 minutes later to find two of my squirrels gone..Seems the neighbors cats like squirrels to..

2295691040063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

:thumbsup: Nice. Sucks about the other two....

Did you use those 5's??

I used some shot I bought from TOW its a mix of 5 and 6..Used 50 grains of 2f and about an once of shot..I havent really had a chance to work up a load for the fowler

Good way to spend the afternoon despite the thieves :haha: Nice gun, it looks familiar :hmm: . Thats a really striking horn you have there..

Could be them squirrels in your part of the country is cross breedin' with 'possums...

Waidmanns Heil from Germany! :thumbsup:

Think you should hunt some neighbour cats the next time to punish them for the theft :rotf:

Regards

Kirrmeister :hatsoff:

Rick,
I don't think people realize just how
much small game cats do kill! Birds,rabbits,
squirrels and then go home and are the part-time
house cat. I am not raggin on cats because that
is what a cat does. But if they were a dog that
just happen to get loose,he would be rounded up
and taken to the pound. With the proper dog tag
attached he would be returned most likely with
a hefty ticket for letting him run loose. :hmm:
snake-eyes

Rick nice looking Fowler. To bad about the cat's getting your squirrels. I took my Fowler out Sat squirrel hunting. I had three running shots and three clean misses :rotf:. Talk about a lesson in humility.
Merch

Merch said:
Rick nice looking Fowler. To bad about the cat's getting your squirrels. I took my Fowler out Sat squirrel hunting. I had three running shots and three clean misses :rotf:. Talk about a lesson in humility.
Merch

Merc,
I was dropping off a gun for Roys dad to redo for me and mentioned that someday I`d like a walnut stocked fowler..This little fowler was shown to me and I bought her..Shes a small version of a Hudson Valley fowler in .54cal

In Germany hunters are allowed to kill every cat which is 500m away from the last house of a village. Within villages and close to them no go.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back