• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LMF browning question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuilder

36 Cal.
Reaction score
When using LMF for browning, I know I need to plug the bore, but what about screw holes like the ones that hold the rib on the Hawken barrel?

In my opinion, if you apply the Laurel Mountain Forge Browning solution like you should, very little of it will actually get down into the threaded holes.

I say this because this is not something that is just slopped onto the metal. Light thin applications are recommended as I recall.

If some of the threads at the mouth of the holes get the hard brown rust on them, after the oil is applied they will actually be more rust resistant than the uncoated threads are.

Zonie is right... if you get rusting in the screw holes its likely going to be from the humidity.

Back