• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Load help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx50cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This might sound funny to some. My local range doesn't have a 75 yard target. My maximum shot from my stand is about 75 yards. I shoot a .54 with .530 Prb, pillow ticking, and 100 gr of GOEX FFg. How high should I be printing at 50 yards to be dead on at 75. Thanks for your help.

Actually you probably have to be dead on or a tad low at 50 to be dead on at 75. Remember your ball travels in an arc.
I learned the hard way that I had my rifle sighted too high at 50 yards. It was sighted about 2 inches high. I shot right over a few deer before I realized the problem. Now I have it sighted dead on at 50 yards.
If your range has 50 and 100 yard ranges, sight it dead on at 50 and then see where it is at 100. 75 ought to be somewhere in between. Adjust your POI where you think will be closest at 75.

HD

Hello from Germamny1

Here in the bavarian forests the maximum distance is also only up to 75 yds max. My ML open sights are sighted in center at 50 yds (Meters) and I had nevr a problem hitting a deer at 75 yds when aiming center of the boilerroom also.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Thanks guys, I was thinking thant IO would need to be about 1.25" high at 50. Thanks again.

I hunt is thick woods also, and just have all mine zeroed at 50yds...wouldn't be but a couple eyelashes difference at 75yds.
Longest shot I've ever taken with a sidelock was 70yds...a buck stepped out onto an old loggers road I was sitting and stopped broadside, I held on his heart just like I would have if he'd had been 50yds and put a tag on him

Back