• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loads for CVA Gobbler 12 ga. shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripshod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these guns?I would like to know what the manufacturer recommends for loading data.Thanks in advance.

I don'thave a CVA but I have a SxS pedroseli that I use for goose. I shoot 1&1/8 ounce #4 shot over 75 grains FF.

I have a CVA Side By Side DBL 12, and use 2 3/4 drams( 75 grains) of 2Fg powder, and 1 1/4 oz. of #5 shot to shoot pheasants that break too soon. ( long range shooting- 25-35 yds.) I am confident that the #5 shot carried enough pellet energy to take Turkey out to 30-35 yds.

If you use the oiled Mattress ticking shot cups, the pattern should be tight enough, even from a cylinder bore barrel, to take Turkey at 35-40 yds. That is a long shot at turkey, even with modern Shotguns and loads.

Hi , Randy ! I bought one new a few years ago , but hhave since sold it . The CVA Gobbler series have chrome lined barrels so its safe to use non-toxic shot loads in it . It also has a "European Mod Choke" CVA should supply you with a manual if you contact them via. phone or inter-net. The one thing you need to know is they say not to shoot slugs or round balls because of the choke . As to shot loads I don't remember eaxctly what the max. reccomended loads were , but I think it was 90 grs. of 2ff real black powder or Pyrodex rs . They reccomend a vol. x vol. shot load . I do remember that the best patterns with 4, 5 , or 6 shot was with dropping the powder charge about 5 grs. less than the shot load . Your gun may not do ITS best with the same loads . Hope this helps you some !

Latest posts

Back