• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lock covers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RiverRat said:
Check out the Leatherman. Their website is listed in the ml links section. I got one for Christmas and I like it. They are located in PA also. :thumbsup:

I use the one from Leatherman...I don't ever use it for rain protection because I like "up under the coat" better, but I do put it on for when I'm walking in and out of the woods in the dark to protect the frizzen/hammer/flint, keep them from hanging up on a bush, etc

I had lost my Leatherman cover during deer season, and one day when rain was a possibility I cut the toe off an old wool sock and slipped it over the lock from the muzzle. I worked ok to keep moisture off (some lanolin or such would have been better) but when time came to take it off, it took WAY too long to slip off.

Here is one I made for T/C PA Hunter. It fits tight around the stock and barrel and fastens with a snap on the bottom. Its not traditional but is very functional as it snaps on tight to keep out rain and snow while moving. If you are standing then unsnap and its easy to flip back out of the way. It attaches using the lock screw so you can't lose it. Its pretty easy to make. Just about 1 1/2" of stitching behind the cock

V

371415.jpg

371420.JPG

Back