• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lock swap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtrubicon

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a rifle with a L&R Durs Egg flintlock. I’m not really impressed with it. I was wondering if anyone knows how the Kibler SMR lock compares in size to the Durs Egg?

Before Kibler made his own locks I think he was using chambers locks. Just going on my poor memory here but the SMR might have been a chambers late ketland.

You can download actual size images from Track. Smart to compare the size of the printed image to the actual size of that lock. That gives you something to plan and play with.

You may wish to consider sending your lock to a gunsmith who specializes in tuning flintlock locks. It may cost a bit less than a new lock, but will save all the inlet troubles with attempting to put a new lock where the old lock was.

Plus, your lock will be tuned by a pro who does this all the time.

Just an option.

Surprised you are having issues with an L&R lock. I have had excellent success with them. Have you talked to L&R? Whatever it is may be fixable.
L&R locks are considered kits at best. Return service seems to be good, but initial quality is quite often lacking. Still, they provide some styles that others do not.

Back