• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long winter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leopard cur

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Been watching these guys for a few weeks. Had 16 in the yard the other day. They're getting hungry.
2ikbpt2.jpg

I can't tell if they're albinos or just white deer. My mother and siblings lived in Northern Wisc. and there were quite a few albinos around there.

wattlebuster said:
Very pretty :thumbsup: Believe it or not I saw a white squirrel last week. I am gonna go back an see if I can get some pics of it
Watch out for them squirrels...one drove me bonkers all last season. Final day I was out he got above me and was dropping acorns on me! I'm still laughing my butt off about him!

Pretty sure these are albinos, pink eyes and noses. Never used to see them much til maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Now there are always a few of them around, you can't legally shoot them, which only helps them to reproduce this trait. The DNR must like promoting mutant genetics I guess.

I've seen quite a few white deer in Vilas County Wisconsin (NE part of the state), with a few in surrounding counties even up into Gogebic and Ontonagon Counties in da UP. The first one I saw was about 14 years ago. Talking to some land owners white deer have been around for awhile.

Wes/Tex said:
wattlebuster said:
Very pretty :thumbsup: Believe it or not I saw a white squirrel last week. I am gonna go back an see if I can get some pics of it
Watch out for them squirrels...one drove me bonkers all last season. Final day I was out he got above me and was dropping acorns on me! I'm still laughing my butt off about him!
That thread about that squirrel is one of my all time favorites.
That little dude skunked you good and provided the rest of us plenty of laughs in the process as you documented that hunt.
:thumbsup:

I went through a town in Tennessee near Reelfoot Lake called Kenton. They had signs and paintings of white squirrels all over the place. I didn't see any though.

Kenton, Tennessee

Kenton, Tennessee, accommodates about 200 of the furry rodents. Residents insist that the squirrels "have been here the longest" and claim they were left by a "Gypsy caravan" in 1869. Is Kenton, we asked, where the other towns got their white squirrels? "Well, they had to come from somewhere."

Cynthialee said:
That little dude skunked you good and provided the rest of us plenty of laughs in the process as you documented that hunt.
:thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind comment. It started rather on a daft note and seemed to get more and more bizarre. The whole thing started turning into some other-worldly 'roadrunner' cartoon. The final day when he actually dropped acorns on me went so far over the edge, it was hard for me to believe it was true...and I was the target. I have seen many a squirrel in the woods before but they were always ready to bolt at the least provocation....this daft little bugger seemed to wait for me to show up so he could get his morning exercise. He was so unlike any wild animal I've ever run across, the whole experience took on a Twilight Zone-like quality. I have to admit, though the property has been sold and I expect the home building to start soon, I've snuck out there twice more since season ended to leave some more pecans. I figured Yodels deserved it.

Back