• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for Swiss Black Powder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuffy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I will passing through Friendship Indiana next month enroute further southwest. Can someone provide me with a store name and address for purchasing Swiss and Goex Express?

Thanks In Advance!

If you are a NMLRA member, call ahead and tell them what you want and they will do all they can to have it there for you when you arrive - during business hours of course. You will not find anyone to beat the prices they have.

Retail - good luck - I had to order my Express and Swiss from Powder Inc. The UPS man is my powder guy anymore!

I am not a NMLRA member unfortunately!

I have no desire to pay $20 HAZMAT for a can of each. Add shipping costs & the $16 cans are closer to $29 each.

Since that town is sponsor to blackpowder events, I figured someone there would have it.

Perhaps someone knows of a place in Southern Michigan or in Ohio off of I-75???

If you can hit Log Cabin Supply, Lodi,Ohio they have the goex Powder. They have a fine Museum and displays,Its worth the stop to see.They have it all. Dilly

Is there some reason you don't join the NMLRA? Seems to me it only makes sense to support the organization that is doing the most to keep this sport alive, NO? And, if you are a member, you can take advantage of their powder prices, too.

the hazmat fee is only $20 for the whole shippment, not per can. If you order as much as you can legaly ship at one time it cuts the hazmat down quite a bit
Check this company out. There are also a number of other companies that will sell you b/p., as long as it's legal to do so in your state[url] http://www.mainepowderhouse.com/catalog_gx3F.jsp[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re south Michigan: I've bought black powder (GOEX) in the last year from Schuhpacks in Jackson Mi., Johson's in Adrian Mi., and
Cabela's in Dundee.

The Kenockee Tradin Post near Port Huron stocks Swiss, I buy it there from time to time. Retail prices are dear, I think I paid $22 a pound last time, but you can get it.

Kenockee Tradin Post
7530 Beard Rd
Avoca, MI 48006
810-324-2577

Jon

Back