• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Low Life "Hunters" tarnish our name

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
The last day I deer hunted was last Friday, Dec 31st.
My season closed Saturday January 1st and I did not go...was burned out from hunting so much since October.

So today, I started my January thing of bringing down treestands and ran out to get a couple.
Walked in to the stand tree, on a posted farm mind you that I alone have permission to hunt, and my tree stand is gone.

Four empty .12ga OO buckshot hulls are on the ground under the tree, and there's an obvious blast area in the tree where the master padlock was locked onto the chains around the tree.

A top quality Loc-On stand, quiet carpeted-floor, cushion seat, some good rope, chain, padlock, a dozen ameri-step screw in tree steps, etc...no small amount of money.

Worse, is the act itself...the assumption is that is was a "deer hunter"... carrying a .12ga shotgun with buckshot, would have made it happen the last day of the season on January 1st, the day after I had just used the stand.

But of course that's not a deer hunter...or any kind of "hunter" at all...just a sub-human, gutter level low life bacteria staining our planet.

I suppose it's good that I didn't go to that stand that day...he might have shot me...probably all drunk and hung over from New Year's...just scum of the earth that we have to put up with.

I filed a report with the County Sheriff's Office where I have the lease registered, but there's nothing they can do of course.

Just had to vent...I'm a law abiding, tax paying citizen and I hate low-life's...no redeeming qualities what-so-ever on this planet.

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Sorry to hear about such a thing Bill, maybe next year he will set up your stand, get drunk and fall out and break his leg and a big buck will walk by and mark his territory on the fellows head....

Roundball, I am sorry to hear about your loss of a treestand to some scumbag! When I started hunting, which was late in life, I felt like I was joining a noble community that has a respect for tradition and ethical kills ect...Over the years I learned that some people are just trash and will always be trash. Someone will use your stand and brag about some deer that they have shot.....I wonder if they will brag about stealing your stand?

RB, my keyboard locked during my last post. Hearing this really gets me mad :curse: That jerk would probably jack a nice buck and hang it on his wall to remind himself what a great hunter he is. He will get his someday......let's hope it is sooner than later........

Roundball,.... I agree with TG,.. here's hope'n "what goes around, comes around", fer thet s#!t-hed'd wannbe!! :curse: :curse:

YMHS
rollingb

Sure sorry to hear about that. It's a** holes like that that give all hunters a bad name. Be nice if you could find your stand and stuff and get it back, but probably not much chance of that. Her's hoping that if the idiot trys to use it the stand collapses on him about 30 ft in the air.

I always hate to hear of such low-life thievery, especially so close to home. There is a special place in hell for people like this one.. right next to child, wife and animal abusers.

If the perpetrator left casing, was there no reason the Fuzz could try to get prints off the casings? Hell, even a couple partials would be better than nothing. That could place whoever at the scne, and I'm sure the casings can be matched with the shot undoubtedly still in the tree. That shot can even be traced back to at least a gun manufacturer, which, again, could point back to the subhuman that did this.

It's just a thought.... I would love to see someone like that brought to justice.

My hat's off to ya, RB. If there's anything I can do, lemme know. (You know, an alibi, etc...) :crackup:

There really are two legged skunks that spoil things for everyone.Around here the trick is to see how much trash you can dump on the private timber co's property.Result, more and more gates are locked every year.You would like to think that it isn't hunters,but when they do catch somebody, it is a"hunter".

If the perpetrator left casing, was there no reason the Fuzz could try to get prints off the casings? Hell, even a couple partials would be better than nothing. That could place whoever at the scne, and I'm sure the casings can be matched with the shot undoubtedly still in the tree. That shot can even be traced back to at least a gun manufacturer, which, again, could point back to the subhuman that did this.

They could . . .but they won't. Such investigations are expensive and time consuming, using up resources most agencies don't have. CSI looks good on TV, but if someone wasn't killed, they don't even bother with fingerprints.

Im looking out for you all. Whenever I see a parked ATV in the woods, I figure a crime is in progress and disable it so thay can't haul off their loot. :crackup:

I built a 2-man tree stand for my bro-in-law several years ago. He used it with his boys and I've used it with my son. We had it set up in the middle of 200 acres of CRP and creekbottoms. When they moved,last year, the last thing to get was the treestand. It was gone. They even took the screw ins for the bow. :curse: Never heard anything about it. My son was in it a couple of weeks before.
It was too heavy for any one man to get down. There had to be at least 2.
Unfortunatly, it happens around here, all the time. A friend of mine has had 4 stolen over the years, on his Dad's property.
It's like they "hunt" for stands with bolt cutters. :curse:
Sorry for your loss, May the fleas of a thousand deer invade their armpits. :curse:

Makes you shake your head when you see them marked-down right now for 1/2 price at several places around town. Nothing worse than a thief! :curse:

Sorry to hear of your loss. What comes around goes around. Sooner or later living a life like that will deal him his FULL share!!

It doesn't make it right, but everytime I think of that, I think of my temper. I sincerely am afraid of what I would do, if I caught someone in the act. Being that I practice shooting allot, I am afraid I wouldn't do the right thing, but he wouldn't steal again either. :sorry:

I agree that there is nothing worse than a thief, except one that poses as a hunter. :curse: :curse:
Idaho PRB

Sounds like a good time for deer-stand booby trapping! A bucket of Doe-In-Heat or Skunk Essence rigged to fall on anybody messing with the stand. All you have to do is remember how to dis-arm it!! :crackup:

You know that old saying: "it must suck to be you"??

Just keep in mind that it must suck to be them...and that you are you and not them...and they are stuck being them, suckie messed up people, thinking they are cool stealing a treestand. Imagine living inside of that state of mind.

Feel any better? Oh well I tried!

Rat

Sorry to hear of your loss. What comes around goes around. Sooner or later living a life like that will deal him his FULL share!!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
He'll get his in this life and the life to come if he don't repent and make restitution to ya!

YMH&OS,
Chuck :imo:

yup a real bummer....i had a tree cut down one time with a chain saw and then cut in two where the stand was so they can cart it off....it was 15' up the tree and i used sport climbers to get up the tree and had a lock and chain around the tree and stand so it wouldn't go anywhere....well it did and it was a good lock-on also....and three days before i went to go get it i had these punks of the area starting a chain saw up and tuning it....but never thought bout it till i went to get it..................bob

They could . . .but they won't. Such investigations are expensive and time consuming, using up resources most agencies don't have. CSI looks good on TV, but if someone wasn't killed, they don't even bother with fingerprints.

If RB can contact me off-list ([email protected]), we can maybe make arrangements to get the shells to me, if they are still available.

I have a real good friend who is a crime scene investigator and I'll contact him to see if he can toss the shells in the crazy glue tank for a little while and pull some prints.

Jes tryin' ta help. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this has happened to a honest hunter again.I have had 2 stands stolen over the years. Hard to find out who done it but this is what my thoughts were when it did.

I could only hope that they used them WITHOUT the use of a saftey harness!And that they climbed real high before they fell.
And that if they used them someone would steal them from them.
Poeple who do this lowlife atcs should have their hands removed.

Woody

Back