• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
hello how would you rate ballistol as a lube for round balls? thanks jerry

I use it and think it is great stuff. It can be used in different ways. You can use it straight and I have done it that way with good results. you can use it like Dutch Schoultz and dilute it with water and wet your patches with it and then let them dry so that the water leaves and the Ballistol stays on the patch material. Dutch uses different dilutions ranging from something like 1:5 to 1:9 Ballistol in water. You need to Google "Dutch Schoultz Black Powder Rifle Accuracy System" and purchase a copy. It is invaluable and you won't be sorry for your purchase.

Ballistol is also a good cleaner when mixed 1 part Ballistol, 1 part Pinesol and 20 parts water.

In my area it is only available in small, expensive, spray cans. For that reason I do not and will not use it for patch lube.
If I ever find in large bottles I might try.
This is not a judgement on the product, just practicality.

If you ever go to gun shows, keep an eye open there because I have often seen it in bottles at various gun shows. My favorite gun shows are in Houston. They have everything you could ever want. I know you aren't going to go to Houston for a gun show but I'm just saying that gun shows, especially the larger ones, will usually have Ballistol in cans for sale. It is good stuff for guns and if you happen to get a minor boo boo, it is also a good antiseptic. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back