• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Deerstalker purchase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echo89

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a Lyman Deerstalker, 54 cal, flint. Has anyone here heard anything negative about these rifles? The 1-48 twist rate is the fastest I'll have ever shot.

echo89;
I have a LH flint in 50cal and it's fun to shoot. Use a .010 lubed patch and 490RB with 60-80 gr FFFg I can even hit the bull at 100 yrds once in a while which isn't bad for an old man
Ordered mine from midsouth a few years ago,they had the best price at the time. good luck. :front:

rex (westcoastBPgramps) BP shooting is fun

Nice gun for the money. You might need to drill out the touch hole liner for more reliable ignition.

Back