• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Peep on Cabela's Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PostDriver

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone here put the Lyman 57 peep sight on a Cabela's Hawken? Which sight should I get...the GPR or the SML?

I've just ordered the .54 for my first ML. Really looking forward to shooting and hunting with it. My 'ol eyes don't do too well with open sights so the peep oughta work out well.

My questions have to do with how much, if any, fitting did you have to do to make it work>>?

While I don't have that rifle, I do have a Lyman 57GPR for my GPR. The only difference between the 57SML and the 57GPR is the adapter wedge for the GPR that fits the SML sight to the GPR. I would think the SML sight is the one you need but I'm not sure. If you bought the GPR sight you would have the SML sight plus the wedge that you might could modify if need be to fit your gun.

I hope this helps.

Post Driver,
This is just a suggestion: Check with the Tech person at[url] www.dixiegunworks.com[/url]...
I have always found them to be very
helpful with questions like you have ask.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back