• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lyman trade on the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which caliber didja' get? That will determine the size of the balls/conicals, jags, etc. you need. (Just insert the appropriate diameter for the items.)

At the barest minimum I'd say you need

BP solvent
Preservative lubricant (can be the same stuff you use as a shooting lube in some cases ie: Bore Butter)
Bronze brush
Wool bore mop
Patch worm
Ball and bullet puller
Jag
(Make sure the above five items are correct diameter for the bore and the right thread size/pitch for your ramrod or range rod.)
Nipple wrench
Nipple pick
Cleaning patches (I like to use 2"X 2" squares of cotton flannel I cut from yards I buy at the fabric store...cheap and works great.)
Capper
Short starter
Bullets (.490 or .495 for 50 cal.; .530 or .535 for 54 cal)
Shooting lube
Patches if you're shooting round balls (.15 or .18 are the most common thicknesses)
Powder (2F should work fine)
Percussion caps (size 11) if the gun is a percussion

If I've missed anything I know someone else on here will chime in.

Merry Christmas, Muzz'!

Latest posts

Back