• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Trade Rifle Wins The Match (Again)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Rosenthal

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Must have had a good day yesterday! Using the .50 cal. Lyman Trade Rifle with 72 grains of 3Fg Goex, a pre-lubed wonder-wad and 370 grain T/C Maxi-Balls, I shot a 48x50-2X off-hand at 50 yards and a 81x100 sitting at 100 yards, for an aggregate of 129x150-2X to win the regular monthly match at one of the clubs that my son and I belong to. Had a great time enjoying the day till the wind picked-up in the afternoon......really glad I was shooting the conicals since others shooting PRB's were being blown all over the target frame! First time with the conicals since October I think! My rifle only likes them in moderate-warm weather, so I don't dare shoot them in the winter!

Helped a new guy shoot right beside me and taught him how to range clean a cap lock too! What a nice day!

Dave

Thanks for writing!

It's nice to win, but it's even nicer to help a new guy learn the ropes! :thumbsup:

Dave

I love to teach!

That's why I volunteered to do "Scout Day" at a range that's over 80 minutes away from my house! Supposed to be over 300 Scouts there! Black Powder is just one out of four Stations, but since it's my first love, I'll be volunteering there!

I'll probably be doing a write-up on a thread in the Public Events Section later-on!

Thanks for the kuddos! :thumbsup:

Dave

Back