• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

M1776 British Rifled "Bess" Ordnance piece.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got an nice old M1776 Ordnance Rifle from a pal; it was assembled by a PA gunsmith from Rifle Shoppe parts about 1980. As a rifled .62 cal., it has many 'personalities'! It's a Carbine! It's a Germanic-like rifle! It's a Short Bess! It's a Rifled Bess! You can see why it's a fun rifle to own. My pal used it for a Light Company impression for many years, so it's a veteran of the Bi-Cen and beyond. What is interesting about their history, is that as early as 1776, the British were thinking about and developing a rifle to compete with the Colonist rifled ability. I was truly fortunate to be able to by it, and I've know the prior owner for many years. It's often true, it's who you know, or, being in the right place at the right time! :thumb:

Back