• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Made a Revolutionary War dispatch case and a wallet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a dispatch case based on one currently in the Concord Museum and carried by a militia sergeant at North Bridge in the Revolutionary War. It measures 6x9" and would be used for orders or important documents. I also made a wallet but sized it for modern currency.
20231210_212815.jpg
20231210_211731.jpg
FB_IMG_1700275242989.jpg
20231210_213040.jpg
20231210_212948.jpg

Nice. Been making some of the same things including a mini me of your wallet for folding money and credit cards. May I ask how you embossed the initials year date etc?

May I ask how you embossed the initials year date etc?
I use an embossing stylus. They're usually sold in sets with 4-5 different size ball tips. Dampen the leather and draw with it like a pen, going lightly so the leather doesn't stretch or distort, then go over again to deepen.

For the pattern, I drew it in pencil on paper, then put the paper on the damp leather and lightly traced it to mark the leather. I then went over those lines to deepen them.

I made a dispatch case based on one currently in the Concord Museum and carried by a militia sergeant at North Bridge in the Revolutionary War. It measures 6x9" and would be used for orders or important documents. I also made a wallet but sized it for modern currency. View attachment 275905View attachment 275906View attachment 275907 View attachment 275908View attachment 275909
Excellent work! Never saw the original photo of this so am glad you shared! Hope your next projects are just as enjoyable to make and turn out as nice!

Latest posts

Back