• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Made it through hunting season...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Technology is wonderful...late yesterday afternoon from the comfort of my den in North Carolina, I snapped this photo of a good 8 pointer up in Pennsylvania...he made it through hunting season OK.

0106128PtPA.jpg

I pulled my trail cams last week end. I still have 1 -8pt ,1- 7 pt and a few small bucks hanging around my place. At least those were the only ones willing to pose for a picture. :grin:

I don't understand it but I saw MORE deer and the ONLY bucks in my suburban back yard than in the woods this year. :idunno:

Generally speaking, all the guys on my hunting forum reported the same thing...sightings were way down this year.
I spent an awful lot of November mornings and afternoons in my oak flat and only saw a total of 12 deer...and 3 of them were a Doe + 2 fawns just losing their spots.
The good news for me is that hunting the real thick stuff, if I do see one its in range...only saw 2 bucks this November but was able to tag them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
This year I have seen a total of 13 deer while hunting, I harvested 4, There are a lot of folks saying the numbers the DNR is putting out is inaccurate, but they are full time deer and do not live long going near hunters. I recall seeing a huge buck bedded by a pond next to a horse farm opening day when I was on my way to work.

As long as he doesn't stray off that No Hunting area between now and then...and nobody poaches him...he should be fine with the rut over and not roaming far and wide lookin' for love...LOL.

Back