• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maine moose permit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nit wit

.69 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
After 32 years of putting in for a permit, I was finally drawn to hunt a bull in september in zone 1(go to the top of the state and hag a left at Ft. Kent). :thumbsup: Over the years I was a sub permittee and have shot quite a few mostly with black powder guns in Maine and New Hampshire. I will be camping in a tent or tipi and will probably use BP again.It's a lot of work after you pull the trigger but you have a lot of good meat and memories.
Nit Wit

When my dad lived in Maine, he had to dodge them on the backroads all the time to keep from totaling his car.
He never drew a permit.

I saw that draw process on the TV show on Maine's Wardens...can't think of the name of it at the moment.

Congrats and good luck on the hunt. Moose has always been on my list of hunts I'd like to take but probably never will. Doing it with blackpowder would be awesome. :hatsoff:

Back