• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Makes me sick.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me the issue is not technical. Sure the shot can be done by someone responsible. The more important point is that these guys were stretched way beyond their abilities and behaving like idiots. The world is full of them, but it doesn't mean that their antics need to be glorified and waved around in public like it is an accepted standard for all hunters.

Sure the world is full of idiots. But you guys must be watching some channel I don't get I primarily watch THe Outdoor Channel and 90% of their programing is good ethical hunting!

And I still say it's a relative thing if a man has paid his dues and knows he can make the shot it's not any different than any other shot! Every time we make an attempt to take an animals life we could have something go wrong! That's the chance we take and I for one think we should stick together and only be judgemental when we are certain.

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Huntinfool,
I think i'll stay clear of this one!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
snake-eyes :peace:

THe Outdoor Channel and 90% of their programing is good ethical hunting![/qoute]

Guess there must be two outdoor channels.

And I don't mean OLN and The Outdoor Channel.
If I did then we may have 4 different channels. :results:

Woody

Bald Baron said it was"The Men's Channel" They do occasinally show hunting and fishing shows. I have never watched any so I dont know what theses shows are. :hmm:I normally watch The Outdoor Channel and have seen nothing there like the show being discussed.

IronMan

Woody I can tell what the hey you are trying to say you quote me and added so much in their I can't tell what you are saying 4 channels that doesn't make sense to me what are you trying to say. That The Outdoor Channel is a bad thing or what? I can't tell honestly!

I don't see a lot of unethical stuff on either OLN or TOC. Sure some of the shows are at ranches where there are a lot of big deer. That's what ya get when you control every person that hunts on em and ya don't let anyone shoot young deer!

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

I see the channel differertly than you.. i see people shooting more birds than limits allow in any state. I see people doing unsafe act while handlin firarms. I see people giveing anti's more fire power that we as hunter and they as hunting shows need not be doing ect ect.
We must be not watching the same shows. If you are watching OLN or The Outdoor Channel then you see at as a completely different light than I do.
I see plenty of things on these shows that a young kids should not see , espicall in the unsafe acts.
Why isn't ALL game when approached checked to make sure it is dead. What would happen if a youngster approached what appeared to be a dead animal and when he laid his gun down on the side of it it started to thrash and kick and a hoff hit the kid in the throat.
Why do they climb down from tree stands with loaded guns. Why do they NOT put the safe back on the gun when they are finished shooting.
I have watch for such things and have seen them time and time again.
All the outdoor type channels seem to be driven by the almighy dollar and anyone with a home made video that wants free ride from companys to go hunting are trying to just that, Hell just watch cabela's shows and they ask for your home made videos.
I could go on and on but I think I get the point across

Woody

Back