• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mark one off bucket list

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topbike

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Docs said I should have been gone 2 years ago, colon cancer, then lung cancer, now liver cancer BUT they are wrong. Yesterday decide to check one more item off my bucket list and went hog hunting with friends in Florida. Took my Lyman 50cal GPR while they took cartridge rifles. I dropped a 225 lb. boar at about 85 yards with one shot through the heart and lungs. Hardly moved after that round ball hit it. Check one more off the list.

Congratulations on the successful hog hunt. That is what I'll be doing next week in Texas. Leon

Good job. :thumbsup: Lots of times Doctors are liked Weathermen. WE all know how accurate they are. :) Larry

Well done from a fellow cancer survivor!
Seven years ago I was told I had a one in five chance of survival.
I am cancer free and I thank God for every day.
Worked on my bucket list too.
We have a lot more days afield friend.
Blessings,
Irish

That's the way to show'em! And kill a hog.

I had an acquaintance who was given 6 months by the oncologist. He told me he couldn't meet with me on a certain day because he had to get his 6 mos. dental checkup and cleaning. I asked, "Why bother with 6 mos. to live?" He said, "I don't believe him!"

He was still alive 3 years later but died shortly after that ... from a heart attack.

Thanks to everyone for the kind replies. I will not go quietly into that dark night.

John

Good for you! You have to have a bucket list. When you find the bottom of the bucket, you need to add new things as life goes on. I have been stage 4 for 10+yrs. now. Have it spine,ribs,femurs,pelvis,skull,liver and lungs.But if you don't keep running, the Grim Reaper just may catch up with you.

You're doing everything right and making good decisions. A dear friend's cancer had metastasized throughout the lungs, lymph, liver, everywhere. She was given only a year or so to live and that was around 10 years ago. She is 68 and still teaches jujitsu!

I used 65 grains of 2f Goex, .490 round ball and .018 spit lube patch. Stopped him cold.

topbike said:
I used 65 grains of 2f Goex, .490 round ball and .018 spit lube patch. Stopped him cold.

I would like to have been there, to see your friend with cartage guns when you flatted that big boar :shocked2:

Next year when you go, bring extra ammo, they will all want to barrow your Shoot'n Iron :wink:

CONGRADS on the BIG boar AND on proving the sawbones WRONG.

I agree with "bull3540". = Hog hunting is addictive.

BEST WISHES, "Duckie" & satx

Back