• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maryland black powder laws?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a PA resident and I have my eye on some muzzleloaders being offered next week in a Maryland auction. Before I send the auctioneer a bid, I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be a problem when I go to pick up. I emailed the auctioneer, but haven't received a response yet, does MD have any special requirements for black powder rifles or pistols?

I'm a PA resident and I have my eye on some muzzleloaders being offered next week in a Maryland auction. Before I send the auctioneer a bid, I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be a problem when I go to pick up. I emailed the auctioneer, but haven't received a response yet, does MD have any special requirements for black powder rifles or pistols?
None that I know of. There a a few members that live in Maryland, I don't remember them saying anything about muzzleloader restrictions.

Never had a problem with the purchase of BP weapons in the democratic state of Maryland. Pretty much cash ang go out the door, for now anyways.

No, since you're allowed to order powder and black powder guns through the mail. Unless you're a convicted felon, you can buy and drive away with a black powder antique firearm (replicas are also considered antique) without any hassle what so ever.

LD

Thanks everyone. I agree it's sad I had to ask, but with the people that have been running Maryland, you never know.

Latest posts

Back