• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maybe Rain on Flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntertrapper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
its pretty cold. And up in norther PA its usually colder up there. if it would rain though instead of snow, i got a .50 caliber flinter for rifle season. i dont hunt with shotgun or any other rifles. I need a good way to kep powder dry. i made a waxed leather sling to go over my pan and frizzen and hammer. and maybe ill use a scabbard, anyother suggestions?

Here we go. Live shots of Stumpy's nasty 'ol Cows Knee. This poor old thing is a real leather chamois car polishing rag from probably the 1960's or earlier that was in my Father-in-laws garage and I confiscated for the purpose. I melted beeswax and smeared it over the outside and sewed the "hump" to fit over the lock, then added the two straps that wrap and tuck on either side of the lock. I leave it loose when sitting so it just adds a second to getting the rifle into battery. When moving the straps wrap once around the stock and tuck under themselves and hold with just a friction fit. I use this with both flint and percussion rifles. It's very thin and doesn't take up much space in my hunting pouch or haversack.

HPIM0380.jpg

HPIM0381.jpg

Back