• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Meeker Colorado Area hunters?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone hunts in the meeker colorado area? My dad, bro and i are looking into this area seeing how its close to my dads work. We're mainly going for deer "doe" and possibly elk if anyone has some info on how well this area is. Also will be doing all the hunting during MLing season.

We used to live in meeker when I was knee high to a grasshopper and dad always managed to have something hanging in the garadge during hunting season. I will send him a note and see if he can rember any of our old spots.

RoadRat :v

Hey thats great! Thank you sir. All 3 of us, my dad,brother and i just put in for 3 doe tags for unit 211, which also includes 11,13 and a few more units but 11 has a lot of blm so we're going to check that out. We also put unit 35 as a backup unit if we dont all draw for 211. 35 is a heck of a place for deer.

I've hunted units 12,23,24, and 231 for the last half dozen years. Last year was the first time I tried ML in those units. Does should be a gimme. Elk are there year round, but there's a lot of sheep herders, ATV's, and other distractions as well. I'm headed for the Grand Mesa this year for ML, then back to Meeker for regular rifle season.

Well, Dad has lost his maps over the years for those areas that he hunted around meeker. You might check with the chamber of commerce though. They used to have information on hunting areas around that area.

Best of luck,
RoadRat :v

Thanks for the info guys. If we draw tags, we'll be hunting the southern boarder of unit 11, close to WR NTL Forest. I found a magazine i bought some months back and unit 11 along the southern edge was prime spot. Hopefully we'll get the tags.
Thanks again. Good luck hunting to the both of you.

Back