• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Merriams on the Nebraska/S. Dakota Line?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I may be taking a trip to hunt Merriams near Valentine Nebraska around the middle of April.

Can any of you tell me about this area? The tentative plan is to hunt some National Forest area to the West of Valentine.

Is this grassland? Any woods? Possibly just trees in the drainages?

Is there a lot of hunting pressure in this area? Lots of birds? Etc, Etc....

Any information you can provide will be appreciated. :hatsoff:

Thanks much, Skychief

Forgot to mention.....If I can go, there will be six of us. All Blackpowder, except one friend hunting with his longbow. Should be FUN!

I Have killed many merriams just north of valentine on the rosebud indian res. near mission, south dakota. The country around there consists of alot of oak creek bottoms. One benefit of the valentine area is the niobrara river which i am assuming would hold alot of birds.If the hunting around there is as good as it is 30 miles north expect a great hunt. good luck.

Back