• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Miroku muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardykev

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard of a Miroku (Browning) muzzleloader?

I may have a chance to pick one up and was curious as to quality and maybe value. My internet search yielded nothing.

I am reasonably sure this is the Browning Mountain Rifle, Supposedly John Brownings first rifles. They are pretty much a Hawken type and I have not heard anything bad about them. As I recall they were a tad pricey, but all Brownings are.

Well, it turns out to be a Hi-pro made by Miroku. It was a .45 cal kentucky style rifle.

I was less than impressed with it. The mainspring is missing and the hammer doesn't stike correctly. The lock is marked "Japan" on the inside.

It would seem that it could be had for <$100, but I am not sure it is worth trying. I am not sure how hard the spring issue would be. The owner says he tried TOW for a spring, but was unsuccessful.

The people at Dixie might be able to help.
I note that Miroku is supplying them with Matchlocks so they might know of someone at Miroku for you to contact.
Unless the gun is something Really Special though, it may not be worth the effort.

Latest posts

Back