• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More Birds with Mike Brooks Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Despite not having nearly enough time as I'd like to bird hunt, I've been having a blast with Mike Brooks fowler.

The quail pictured made for a better shot than a meal. It was like eating a bat.
Bobwhite2.jpg

Went out again the following weekend and bagged a nice chukar. Only had to walk about 8 miles for this one
chukar.jpg

On the way back to the car, I put up another one.
Small brace.jpg

I felt like a won the lottery. 2 birds for 2 shots, a nice long walk on a perfect fall afternoon. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to thank Mike Brooks adequately for his fowler. I've had more fun with this gun than any other fowler I've ever owned.

Good to see ya out there using that beauty! Mike knows what he is doing and is dah man for a fowler for sure. Makes some really nice rifles too.

Right now I'm slinging arrows Jim, lets meet up when ya have some free time so you can show off that front stuffer.

Billy

Geez, these days I'm in the air more than a bird. Hope to be around Ithaca early November. Travelling has wreaked havoc with my hunting, but I still manage to squeeze some shooting in.

If you've taken up wing shooting I'll have to introduce you to some folks you can have some fun with.

Of course, this time of year the only thing you're probably thinking of is deer. If I'm back in the northeast after Thanksgiving I'll drop you a note.

I love to quail hunt...I need me a good dog though and of course I will need me a nice smoothie ta boot....
Are ya listening Santa?????? :grin:

Congrats!

Flintlock,
a good bird dog makes all the difference :thumbsup:

Sounds good Jim, looking forward to seeing you. I am a deer hunter through and through but I am wanting to become a turkey hunter so something in a jug chocked Mike Brooks would be in order some day.

$200 bucks gets a man on the waiting list.

B

Back