• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good thing my freezer is full, or I might have been tempted. My front yard about five minutes ago. They're liking my White Cedar's
Robby
DSCN0897.jpg

:haha: They must be movin today. My neighbor called (Well almost, they are about 400 yards from my house) they had 7 deer in their yard looking for something to eat.

That's a daily sight here, but we can't shoot within 500 ft of a house here.

You don't have laws like that there?

That one in the center looks delicious, in NY you must be 500 feet from an occupied dwelling to discharge a firearm, unless you have permission.

Capper said:
That's a daily sight here, but we can't shoot within 500 ft of a house here.

You don't have laws like that there?
LAWS? We have laws that we haven't even used yet! :rotf: :rotf: And they usually don't make any sense, but are of a twofold purpose, To let you know who really is in charge of your life, and equally important, to take your money. Whew, caught my rant side off guard. To answer your question, We cannot shoot within 500 ft. of any building, even a shed, without landowners permission.
Robby

Yeah, I do too Stumpkiller. I had eighteen in the yard yesterday. Something has changed around here and I don't know just what it might be. While I have always had deer around here, nothing like the numbers and frequency that I am seeing now, but I do enjoy watching them.
Robby

To give you an idea of how many deer we have around here.

In the unit that I live in (481) we get to hunt one week for a buck only.

They have a new deal this year. We can hunt from Sept 1 to Nov 30 for does. 3 months! We can also buy as many as we want in left over licences.

They seem to be serious about thinning out the deer around here. I might have to buy a bigger freezer.

My farm is known in the area for holding lots of deer (we grow produce and have an apple orchard)the first year I lived here it took me 10 minutes to shoot my first deer. This year has been really bad with almost no deer on my place, but way more grouse and turkeys earlier in the season.

Even though you are located in a different state, I agree with you. I sensed some change this year. I even asked how everybody's rut was this year on this very forum. Something was different.

Big storm today, expecting a foot, I think we already have that, and its still coming. I thought they would wait it out, but they don't seem to be bothered by it.
DSCN0913.jpg

Unlike some animals I know!
DSCN0916.jpg

Robby

Latest posts

Back