• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

more huntin'

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoochiepapa

75 Cal.
Reaction score
CIMG0259.jpg

It's a good thing that I'm not trying to feed a family on what I kill. I did'nt even see a rabbit or even a grouse track.

marmotslayer said:
Best huntin I ever saw around Buena Vista is that field across 285 from the KOA. :haha:

Must be good. Try and get a deer tag in area 481.

Hope you got points. :wink:

Must be good. Try and get a deer tag in area 481

Never even considered putting in for that area! :)

I mentored my grand son on a youth hunt down there a few years ago. The guy who owns the koa donates the use of his little cabins. These are the hunts that the dow runs. each youth needs a parent/guardian/mentor accompanying and is also assigned a huntmaster or guide if you will. We hunted about two miles down valley on a ranch that allowed the conduct of the hunt (did not include that alfalfa field)!

Anyway, there were three boys and each got a doe before the weekend was over. I enjoyed seeing several hundred deer each morning and evening gathered at once in that little 160 acre field!

Yep, you're right. I had to look on a map, seeing as how I did'nt know where it is.
How's hunting up there? We got lots of anti's and hikers, and mushroom hunters, mountain bikers, etc. Getting pretty crowded. Don't worry, I'm not thinking of moving.

Back