• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mule Deer Hunt Advice?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric M

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Would like to go on a Mule Deer Hunt with my cap lock. Does anyone have any information in reference to outfitters they have experience with?

Start putting in for Colorado, you need 5-10 points (points = years of not getting 1st choice tags) to get a good area if your from out of state. :idunno:

I'm betting if you want to you could find a helping hand here.

If you find a way to tag in western Colorado, and I have hunted the unit. I would be happy to talk you through the area.

Guides :idunno: I have been on ONE guided hunt & that was in Canada for Bear.

You passing through Colorado this summer? I would be happy (with enough notice) to take a day off and show you how & where I like to hunt mules. Just PM me.

Memphis1211 said:
Just came back from Utah. Loved the area. Never hunted out west.

Come back, bring a small cal. smoke pole. A 365 day out of staters small game & fishing tag in Utah is only $80 or so. :grin: We can ,if nothing else, chase Jack rabbits up on the Bookclifs. And I can show you public land Muley scouting.

My house is 18 miles from the Utah state line, I cross to small game hunt a lot.

That is great you are able to do that. I am from N.J., was in Park City for a week. My second time there. While hiking the mountains saw a fair amount of deer sign. Did see one spike muley, it was amazing seeing the size difference between a muley and whitetail. What caliber do you use most when hunting Mule Deer?

.50 is my bp deer gun. But I've been thinking if I have a rifle made (something every part of me but my wallet wants done) it will be in 54

I am awaiting a .54 Hawken custom build, and would love to hunt with it out west.

Latest posts

Back