• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Musketoon and smallgame

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good cooking on the way.
oct11004.jpg

oct11009.jpg

562 balls don't mess small game to bad at all :thumbsup:

Brits.

The musketoon and the Zoave also handle shot pretty well too. I don't remember where I originally read it, but I tried it both of my guns and found it to be a pretty fair spread out to twenty yards or so. Would you go duck hunting with this? Probably not, but grouse, erkel, and other ground birds would surely be added to the pot.

The issue in the article I read was the 1-48 twist. I'm supposing (mine are 1-48) that could be an issue I've a 58 in 1-70 I've not tried this in that would be interesting, but frankly, I'm of the opinion that if you've got shot and a reasonable bore (50-72 say)I'd try it on ground birds.

If you're as good a shot as you are, well I'm sure just one ball instead of a 100 works out just fine... :grin:

Io said:
The musketoon and the Zoave also handle shot pretty well too. I don't remember where I originally read it, but I tried it both of my guns and found it to be a pretty fair spread out to twenty yards or so. Would you go duck hunting with this? Probably not, but grouse, erkel, and other ground birds would surely be added to the pot.

The issue in the article I read was the 1-48 twist. I'm supposing (mine are 1-48) that could be an issue I've a 58 in 1-70 I've not tried this in that would be interesting, but frankly, I'm of the opinion that if you've got shot and a reasonable bore (50-72 say)I'd try it on ground birds.

If you're as good a shot as you are, well I'm sure just one ball instead of a 100 works out just fine... :grin:

My gun is a smoothbore and to be truthful I missed twice on the first bird! If I had missed with the third I would of tipped my hat and let him go. I snatched the first shot, second,,,,,I dunno, third all came together!Nearly 50yds I guess.

B :thumbsup:

Britsmoothy said:
Io said:

My gun is a smoothbore and to be truthful I missed twice on the first bird! If I had missed with the third I would of tipped my hat and let him go. I snatched the first shot, second,,,,,I dunno, third all came together!Nearly 50yds I guess.

B :thumbsup:

I've not shot a smoothbore other than my shotguns, but I was watching a video by a guy murpheymuskets who had what looked like a charleville and his shooting with that thing were quite an impression. They are a lot more accurate than I would have or have heard by them "experts" to be. Impressive, actually. Great shooting on your part no matter...

Brits latley you sure do eat well. nice shootin' :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Hey Nath do y'all still hang the birds for a couple of days before you cook 'em? Looks like great eating ahead. Take care...rick

Jumbeaux, I useally leave them a couple of days, longer if real cold out.

I fried two chopped onions and a chopped pepper.Then fried the meat with salami and bacon adding ceyenne and ground pepper, chopped garlic.
When the meat was cooked added the onion mix and stired all together.
Next thick bread was toasted one side and the bread scooped out the others side and the mix added to the toasted sliceand then some cheese melted on top.
It was real good :thumbsup:

Brits.

If I had a bird dog like yours I'd be out there with my shotgun every day I could :grin: What kind of dog is that?

Back