• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Musso Bowie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesG

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my version . The blades is made out of buggy axle steel.The guard and the butt cap is wrought iron.Handle is figured mesquite wood . I cold blue the blade.For the guard i forged the wagon wheel wrought iron the slotted the guard marked where i wanted my bends then hot forged them in for i can have the wrought iron flow better.

Picture3137-1.jpg

Picture3128-1.jpg

Picture3127-1.jpg

Picture3140-1.jpg

I dont know how far Fritch is from Houston but if your down our way i run a forge ring at my forge. Always happy to have another hammer at the anvil.

Thanks for the offer hammer, I need a friend in Killeen to do some hammering when i vistie my brother and his family thank for the offer and all the nice words from everyone.

Blade length.13 3/4
clip point. 5 3/16
wide.2 5/8
handle is.5 5/8

Thanks for the nice words.

JamesG said:
Thanks for the offer hammer, I need a friend in Killeen to do some hammering when i vistie my brother and his family thank for the offer and all the nice words from everyone.

only know of one smith up that way. Dale Pulling. He may be dead now. He was old when I started out. Dont remember him makeing many blades. He enjoyed "horseshoe" art and stuff like that. He was more interestd in stading by the cooler and talking about smithing tha actually swinging a hammer.Like a lot of folks Im afraid. :grin:

Thanks wick I got a to scale drawing from another forum member. Thanks for the hammer.

Back