• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Accident

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of taking a snowmobile safety course when I was...13? something like that. They mentioned to not use a lighter to check fuel level, but a flashlight.

In my head, at a young age, I remember thinking: really? A lighter/match to check GAS? My grandfather was with me (he took me) and I even said something to him and he said that I would be surprised at what some people will do. He was right.

Went out on a fire run one time, seems two ladys that lived next to each other got into a disagreement on old gas. One gal. of old gas (maybe 6 years old). One said it was to old to burn. Dumped it out in front of shed and thru match. Guess what, No more shed. Gene pool pretains to the fair sex also.

:youcrazy:

I have a large gas can that was filled about 6 years ago. I have been using it for the snow blower for years. Last fall Sevan was concerned that the gas was old and wouldn't work. She was worried it may have lost some power or was weak in some way.

So it is a misconception that others have had it would seem.

Sevan is right. Old gas should not be used if you care about your engines and that's why there is such a market for fuel stabilizers.

That does not mean it is no longer flammable however!!!

Enjoy, J.D.

There's a product called "sta-bil" when mixed with gas supposedly keeps gas fresh. I use it in my boats & mowers for winter storage. I don't know if it works or not but I ain't fried nothing in any of the 2 cycle motors I've used it on.

I remember my grandad (who believed in "the good stuff", like creosote, asbestos, and lead paint) checking for propane leaks with a lighter. I asked him what would happen if he found one, he said, "I don't know, never found one".

dledinger said:
I remember my grandad (who believed in "the good stuff", like creosote, asbestos, and lead paint) checking for propane leaks with a lighter. I asked him what would happen if he found one, he said, "I don't know, never found one".

My fater used his zippo to check for leaks. when he found one he would smother it with the rag he had in the oter hand. All the while smoking his PallMall unfiltered.

Thanks,

Foster From Flint

Man shoots finger off while hunting in W. Michigan
Dec. 26, 2012, 10:05 a.m. EST
AP
FERRY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) ”” Authorities say a west Michigan man accidentally shot off his index finger during a hunting incident.
Oceana County Sheriff officials say the man was unloading his .50 caliber muzzle loader while hunting on private property in Oceana County's Ferry Township about 10 a.m. Saturday when he unintentionally discharged the weapon. Authorities say the man's left hand was near the muzzle.
Lt. Craig Mast tells MLive.com (http://bit.ly/W1MXsv ) the man's left index finger was shot off the hand. He was treated at a local hospital.
Mast says the unidentified man was cited for not having a valid hunting license.
No further details were released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back