• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 2015 ML Deer hunt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
My son Jacob and I went on our hunt this weekend. I headed into a place I hoped that I would see a bunch bucks. I saw around 50 head of does and not one buck. We got back to the camper and another storm hit. Dang my luck!
About 4 pm the rain let up and we headed out. We got about 1/2 mile from the camper and I see a buck on the ridge. I get ready to shoot off my sticks. The buck got wind of what was going on and started to head out. My paper patched 409 gr RCBS 11mm rifle bullet hit him hard. Jacob said you gut shot him! I said no way I saw that hit. So I reloaded and we headed up the hill. I found the spot where the buck was hit, it was a 90 yard shot. No blood, well for the first couple jumps. Then I saw the pink blood. He jumped a log and blood was on both sides, but he was running up hill. I get to the top and he had ran 100 yards without lungs, he was done. The bullet hit a couple ribs but that was not enough to stop that train.

2015%20deer%20hunt%2004_zps1wpmjtpy.jpg

2015%20deer%20hunt%2005_zpstzoitxmj.jpg

I told Jacob to go back to camp and get the 4 wheeler and I would drag the buck to the road.

2015%20deer%20hunt%2006_zps0uyrruto.jpg

We got it back to camp and skinned it out.

2015%20deer%20hunt%2007_zpsxdmky9cl.jpg

Nice going. A successful hunt with meat on the pole always makes a hunt MUCH better IMO.

I see another deer there with cheesecloth. Your buddy's?

Patocazador said:
Nice going. A successful hunt with meat on the pole always makes a hunt MUCH better IMO.

I see another deer there with cheesecloth. Your buddy's?

Thanks everyone!!

The other deer was killed by my son but his muzzleloader he used this year is unmentionable :shake:
He used my paper patched 500 S&W bullet and is smoked that deer.

Well done, thanks for sharing the hunt with us. Looks like nice country to hunt, I'm kind of jealous, my season doesn't start for another two months.

Good shooting Sir! :hatsoff:
Thanks for sharing the hunt with us. That's a fine looking deer. :thumbsup:

Good shot Ron. Nothing beats confidence in your hunting rifle. I really like the way you created a hanging pole with those trees. I'm keeping that idea!

Back