• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 5 year old son shot HIS .32 today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackfoot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I have waited for this a long long long time, My 5 year old got to shoot his .32 Blue Ridge today.

When he was born I bought him this Blue Ridge .32 percussion and had a custom rifle maker shorten up the barrel and also the stock was shortened and the hardware was re-fitted, His name is engraved in the stock with wire inlay. The stock has a wire inlay and brass tack design in it as well. This rifle looks really cool, I will post pictures of it when I can get a digital camera ( mine took a ****).

The rifle shoots pretty good and he hit the target a lot at 25 yards.
It was loaded with hornady .300 buckshot and 2 .10 thou. patches (all I had) anyway it shot pretty good.

It was a good feeling to see him finally take a shot with this rifle.

Cool! I'm looking for one for my grandson (I've got some time, he's only two, and we don't know for sure if he's going to be left-handed, like Dad and Grandpa, or go to the Dark Side!) Sounds like a lot of fun!

Enjoy today

Joel

Go ahead and get him a right handed CAP LOCK as it should not bother him if he is left handed or left eye dominated.

Good for you, Blackfoot! Nothing like getting your child into their first time shooting. I'm sure you both had a great time and will be remembered by you all for many years...more than not, a lifetime.

inasmuch as you have passed on an important part of our God- given legacy, and since you have shown a young man how to use an important tool, i thank you, sir

BillinOregon said:
Wow, cool post, Blackfoot. Your son is a lucky boy to have you for his dad. A 5-year-old learning the ropes with a muzzleloader is big medicine.

Thanks a lot guys its good to know you all seem ok with this, my wife is not too cool about it but she did go with to see him shoot it (she shot it and another .50 cal too) She thinks that it would be better if he was 12 years old to start doing this stuff.

He already shoots a recurve bow at 10 yards and is pretty good as far as a 5 year old goes and he likes both archery and shooting so I think what the heck if he wants to I will show him.

You know I remember one time when I was 5 and my dad took me duck hunting (I had a BB gun) in a little pumpkin seed boat out on Bear lake in southern Minnesota and I remember he let me take a shot at a duck when it landed in the decoys...Boy did I have a smile as big as a quarter moon.

Anyway I will post a picture of this custom Blue Ridge .32 when I can find a camera.

Back