• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My afternoon at the range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Charlie

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Today I headed out to the local public range to try out my recently completed Traditions Ky long rifle. Accuracy seemed to good, given my limited skills with a rifle. But dang it all, that was fun. While I enjoy shooting as hobby, that's the most fun I've had in a long time. Of course most of the guys gave me dirty looks when my smoke blew their way. Then I shot the .44 "Wyatt Earp" revolver for a while. I spent more time answering the "What is that?" question than I did actually shooting it. If Arkansas would pass an open carry law, I'd carry two of those, one on each hip Yosemite Sam style, just because I could.

UC

If you worked on the rifle it makes something special about it. I find that I am more attached to one that I have put the most work in.
About the fun. I agree, I am a recent convert and really enjoy shooting real black powder and RB. I was into the other side (CF) for way too many years.
Some pics of your gun would be interesting.
David

Shooting muzzleloaders is fun. :)

It's fun just loading the things while others stand back and wonder what the H your doing.

It's fun capping or priming the gun after the muzzle has been pointed downrange while others start to shake their heads and make comments about muskets and blunderbuss's and how underpowered they all were.

It's fun while lining up the sights on the target while others start saying, "I'll bet he can't even get the bullet to that target an' if he does it'll probably just bounce off."

It's even more fun while looking downrange and seeing a big hole in the black while others are saying, "Well, I'll be Damned! That guy just blew a hole right thru the middle of that target with that old fashioned gun!"

And the most fun is getting to do it all over again. :grin:

Fun ????
I'm having more fun with my guns and all of it's odds and ends.
Trying to tweek the most accurate load, ball, patch out of them all.
More fun than a man ought to have. :thumbsup:

Back