• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My CVA Hawken Trigger Woes!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have had this gun for about 30 years. It used to have such a great dual set trigger Back story here. I sourced a new stock and .54 barrel Ever since the rebuild I just cant get the trigger right. I keep coming back to it from time to time with the same results no progress made. The trigger is just mushy with no wall and so light its un-usable for hunting. Its just plain mushy with no wall or break. The trigger is drop safe when set but releases at about 4 ounces with break with no wall just mush. The lock seems to be fine as it takes quite a bit of pressure to get it to fire. With the trigger in or out of the gun remains the same no matter how it is adjusted. I've gone as far as adjusting it till it won't set and operate to the other extreme to where it will set but won't release. There is just no sweet spot to get the travel out and a trigger over 4 ounces. Short of sourcing a new trigger I'm plumb out of ideas.

Back