• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first Doe with a flinter!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, just got back from 5 of the best days hunting I have had in a many a years! I drew a Colorado doe tag with my nephiew and best friend!
I decided to try and take my doe with my trade gun. So I loaded it up with 80 grains of FF, and a hand cast patched round ball and went out and did it!!

I had never hunted does before and when this youngster jumped out of the bushes at 30 yds I did not have anything to compare her size to. I looked close, did not see any spots and picked a point of contact and let the sparks fly!

As they say, "she will eat good!!"

2012_doe3.jpg

2012_doe.jpg

Good luck to you all this season!!!

Congrats on the kill and you're absolutely right, that'll be some good eatin' there!!

Just about anyone can hit those big ones. Now a target that small . . .

Just kiddin' congratulations on a great hunt.

Well, there's breakfast and lunch, don't think they'll be enough for dinner.

Hey, I kid, only because I've seen some of your bigger kills. Never shot a doe myself either, but am looking forward to it the next time I hunt out of state. I'll settle for one that size. Good job. :thumbsup: Bill

Back