• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first "horn" Tribute to my Family

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffdrown

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a Powder horn I just finished up to Honor My great Family History. It started in 1660 with Leonard Drowne coming to America from England I kept the horn simple. Thanks for looking ..Jeff (J.C. Drown)

MyHorn2.jpg

myhorn7.jpg

myhorn6.jpg

myhorn5.jpg

myhorn4.jpg

myhorn3.jpg

myhorn8.jpg

Very nice Jeff! I really like it and have been thinking along the same lines with my Mother's family the Livezey's who came over from England about the same time. Wouldn't it be something if they knew each other? Anyway, great job on the horn! :thumbsup:
Macon

That is a very nice piece of work indeed; I have been shying away from scrimshaw myself, as I have little confidence in my artistic ability. What tools do you use for it & how do you darken it up?

what type of wood is that on the butt ? very nice striping... good job on ther horn +1

I like that you did the horn to honor your family. I'm working on my own and hope to post it when I'm done. Great workmanship!

Back