• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My First True Love

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Kansan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
In honor of Flint50's post about the loss of his father, I thought I'd pass this along - Dedicated to my own father, this remains one of my favorites. I had the honor of reciting this for my Dad on Thanks Giving the year before he passed away. Hope ya'll enjoy it! (And, as always, let me know if you do!)

...The Kansan...

My First True Love
By Don

Well Sir,

I have to give you a lot of credit. Amazing job. Er...ever think of publishing any of your works? Really, talk about motivation and caring. Can't say enough.

Curt

Kansan...You keep this up and I'm gonna have to keep a box of Kleenex on the desk. :thumbsup: :master:

Good Stuff!!!

IronMan

Thank you sir, i have PMd my thoughts.
snake-eyes :applause: :master: :applause: :thumbsup:

Thanks much to all those who responded. This poem kinda' wrote it's self several years ago and was long overdue when it did. She was a special gal, wholly devoted to my dad even though she was "my dog." Good dogs, good horses and good friends... You have to treasure all of them while you can.

...The Kansan...

Back