• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new Leonard Day Wheellock PIX

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt LaManna

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just got this in today and I'm just waiting to shoot it this weekend with Ball and Bird Shot.
20Ga all hand-made, Lock, stock and barrel.
By Leonard Day of Mass. He's a Master Craftsman at these old style guns. :thumbsup:
aah-568_1.jpg

aah-568_2.jpg

aah-568_5.jpg

aah-568_7.jpg

It came with an extra Flintlock as well and spanner wrench, & Pyrites.
Photos courtesy of "Track of the Wolf"

:hmm: Kinda makes your mouth water when you see such a beautiful reproduction of something you might have seen in a Museum. Imagine being able to fire it---the real oldies are a true blast from the past. Beautiful gun in it's simple complexity (whatever that means). :hatsoff: "Doc"

If you have never messed with wheelocks before you might be better off to put the flintlock in for the Bird & Ball match First range trip with a wheelie can be a might stressful for a shooting match.

That's really a piece of art. You gotta love those curvy butts. :thumbsup:

AZLongrifle:

Yep, Mr. Day is an ARTIST!

I talked with him a few months ago when he had called me about if I had the pyrite issue solved with my Wheellock that he had rebuilt for me. He mentioned that he was building one at the moment. I'm guessing that is the one we talked about. Truly gorgeous! Were you given a piece of pyrite with it? I had recommended the pyrite from the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Teleoceras said:
AZLongrifle:

Yep, Mr. Day is an ARTIST!

I talked with him a few months ago when he had called me about if I had the pyrite issue solved with my Wheellock that he had rebuilt for me. He mentioned that he was building one at the moment. I'm guessing that is the one we talked about. Truly gorgeous! Were you given a piece of pyrite with it? I had recommended the pyrite from the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras
Yes, it came with 3 sparker flints cast in lead.
I'm working on diamond sawing some Spanish Pyrite crystals I bought here in AZ. The shape from the mine is retagular, about 3/4" X 1/2" and these would be perfect sawed at an angle to make 2 wedge shapes.

I really like your wheellock, as well as the utility of being able to substitute a flintlock mechanism when you want to. Thanks for the pix. I'd like to see how it groups.

Ando009:

Leonard Day?Is he have site or e-mail?

Unfortunately no. You can only phone or write to him at

Leonard Day
3 Kings Highway
Westhampton, MA 01088 USA

+01-413-527-9627.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Back