• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My outfit so far

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugalug

32 Cal.
Reaction score

Hello all,
I've been working on an outfit and accoutrements for about 2 years so far.
I obtained the drop-front britches from Michele at www.sew-it-seams.com about a year ago.
My Mom hand sewed a pair of identical shirts in different color calico cloth from an old pattern I located at a local fabric shop.
I won the small belt pouch on my right hip in a muzzleloading blanket match at a small rendezvous down in South Georgia.
I purchased the larger shooting bag from a leather worker in Florida at a Royal Rangers PowWow. This one was the display bag normally kept on his vendor table for orders. Got a great price for it since he felt it was "used".
The rifle is my T/C Renegade .50 Cal. located in a pawn shop in East Alabama about 2 years ago.
The lodge in the background is a modified One-pole Hunter's Lodge from Redhawk, 12' X 16' on the floor, 12' tall. I love the huge rain fly over the front (tipi) door. There is a (tipi) back door as well, which is phenomenal for airflow in hot weather. Both doors do have a small rain cover. No rain fly out the back.
The chair is my own creation. Copied from a friend that I rendezvous with, made from the planks taken from several incredibly tough oak shipping pallets. The primary side pieces are all upsized to 4" wide instead of 3" like most chairs of this design. I tilt the scales at about 350 lbs so wanted to make sure what holds me off the ground does so very well.
My shooting box is on the chair as well, not perfectly HC, but a good solid box that I do my bench shooting from.
The water bucket on the ground by the chair is handmade, and I won it in a hawk throwing competition at a Southeastern Territorial Rendezvous in Northern Alabama in the fall of '07.
The square candle lantern over my left shoulder is a simple fabrication from pine pieces and glass panes. One dowel lifts the candle up thru a hole in the top for lighting.
The wood poles and and stakes for the lodge and fly's need additional weathering, but they work well for me.
I have a good collection of cast and wrought iron parts and pieces, but my firepit is around behind my lodge in this pic and not visible.
As mentioned previously, this was the 2008 National FCF Rendezvous held in Eagle Rock Mo. in August. We do this National every four years and to my knowledge was attended by about 700 FCF'rs, involving in the neighborhood of about 300+ lodges.
I picked up a really nice fox full-pelt hat while at this Rendezvous, but got it after this photo was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chugalug said:

Hello Chugalug, you cannot load an image directly from your computer to the forum, it doesn't have the space for that.

Most people here use a free photo housing website like Photobucket, open a free account and upload and store your images there, then follow the prompt to transfer them to your post.

PHOTOBUCKET

(Lets try this again. Pic wouldn't add first time around.)
XXXLMountainMan02.jpg
[/img]

Hello all,
I've been working on an outfit and accoutrements for about 2 years so far.
I obtained the drop-front britches from Michele at www.sew-it-seams.com about a year ago.
My Mom hand sewed a pair of identical shirts in different color calico cloth from an old pattern I located at a local fabric shop.
I won the small belt pouch on my right hip in a muzzleloading blanket match at a small rendezvous down in South Georgia.
I purchased the larger shooting bag from a leather worker in Florida at a Royal Rangers PowWow. This one was the display bag normally kept on his vendor table for orders. Got a great price for it since he felt it was "used".
The rifle is my T/C Renegade .50 Cal. located in a pawn shop in East Alabama about 2 years ago.
The lodge in the background is a modified One-pole Hunter's Lodge from Redhawk, 12' X 16' on the floor, 12' tall. I love the huge rain fly over the front (tipi) door. There is a (tipi) back door as well, which is phenomenal for airflow in hot weather. Both doors do have a small rain cover. No rain fly out the back.
The chair is my own creation. Copied from a friend that I rendezvous with, made from the planks taken from several incredibly tough oak shipping pallets. The primary side pieces are all upsized to 4" wide instead of 3" like most chairs of this design. I tilt the scales at about 350 lbs so wanted to make sure what holds me off the ground does so very well.
My shooting box is on the chair as well, not perfectly HC, but a good solid box that I do my bench shooting from.
The water bucket on the ground by the chair is handmade, and I won it in a hawk throwing competition at a Southeastern Territorial Rendezvous in Northern Alabama in the fall of '07.
The square candle lantern over my left shoulder is a simple fabrication from pine pieces and glass panes. One dowel lifts the candle up thru a hole in the top for lighting.
The wood poles and and stakes for the lodge and fly's need additional weathering, but they work well for me.
I have a good collection of cast and wrought iron parts and pieces, but my firepit is around behind my lodge in this pic and not visible.
As mentioned previously, this was the 2008 National FCF Rendezvous held in Eagle Rock Mo. in August. We do this National every four years and to my knowledge was attended by about 700 FCF'rs, involving in the neighborhood of about 300+ lodges.
I picked up a really nice fox full-pelt hat while at this Rendezvous, but got it after this photo was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chugalug,
I will say one thing, everything sure
is clean looking. Great looking photo!
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

Back