• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

my wheellock with accessories

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatrosdva

32 Cal.
Reaction score
photobucket link to wheellock pictures I know it is probably a bit ridiculous but how often do you really see a wheellock cased? I made the case and found the accoutrements to go with it. Judging by the lock it is a later wheellock probably made in the 1660s with a much earlier barrel, dated 1535. Barrel has the early straight rifling. The sword belt with the powder measure box is probably Silesian going by the decoration on the leather and engraving on the metal parts. I am uncertain of the origin of the powder measure and bullet mold. I think they are European but it may even be Ottoman empire and totally unrelated. I would love to hear your opinions on it. I am also sending pictures of my powder horns and wheellock spanner collection with a couple cocks and a trigger guard.

WOW! I'd be thrilled to just have a working modern replica.
That's a really nice collection. Seems to be in great condition, too!

Hi Sam. What a wonderful collection!! And, what an interesting collection of Spanners. That's the most I've seen in any one place. I think the Case you built is a clever idea. The powder containers/chargers look Caucasian to me. (?) Nothing like owning an original Wheellock, and really cool accessories. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: Rick.

I'd also like to thank you for posting pictures of this weapon. It looks incredible for it's age.

Back