• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My wife says I have issues ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but have you ever been able to hit anything with them?

(I can't)
Interestingly, other than the tragic event of President Lincolns assassination, I only read about Deringers being concealable weapons, ladies "muff" guns, etc. I don't see them mentioned otherwise. So I am wondering if these really weren't a last ditch "in your belly", or "across the card table" type firearm. So historically, perhaps 5 feet or less for accuracy?

😂 I have 4 and I thought I had too many. Generally, with exceptions, I don't collect; if I don't shoot it I usually tend to get rid of it.
After my +70 years I learned that if I get tired of a gun, I put it away and then after some time, I take it out and fall in love with it all over again. I let too many beauties go over the years……never again!

After my +70 years I learned that if I get tired of a gun, I put it away and then after some time, I take it out and fall in love with it all over again. I let too many beauties go over the years……never again!
Ya, at our age they tend to be new every time we find one laying around!

Last edited:
Oh I definitely understand; has often happened to me i.e. seller's remorse. I don't know why I do it 😂; I'm a trader. My wife tends to be opposite, hoarder.

The wife said she was gonna buy me a bottle of common sense, that I have too many toys.

My Ex wife was a Psychiatrist with her own very succesful private practice, as it turned out also a very complicated narcisist (ticked all the boxes Jordan Petersen listed), around the 3 year mark she turned monsterous and made a "demands or divorce" ultimatum, one of them was about my legally licensed collection. Needless to say I chose divorce even though it cost me big bucks.....and her.

Message to Coinneach, never give up your main frame as a Man to any woman, be who you are.

Interestingly, other than the tragic event of President Lincolns assassination, I only read about Deringers being concealable weapons, ladies "muff" guns, etc. I don't see them mentioned otherwise. So I am wondering if these really weren't a last ditch "in your belly", or "across the card table" type firearm. So historically, perhaps 5 feet or less for accuracy?
I spent over 20 rounds at the range with mine and never got on to paper at more than 15 feet.

Someday!

I have 5 revolvers and 1 .50 cal Kentucky.... wanting 2 more guns... nott issues, just enjoyment... lol
You'll need a HAWKIN in .45, 50, 54 & .58. a shotgun (single & double), a smooth bore/trade rifle, flintlocks, perhaps a derringer and a cannon. Then we can talk about completing the collection. Check classifieds, several EXCELLENT deals this morning.

Back