• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Navy arms 12 guage

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennis john

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Navy arms (Pietta) 12 guage double, no manual. What would be a max load of 2f in this shotgun? Thanks. Dennis

I don't recall max, but for many, many years I was very pleased with 90 grains of 2f under 1 1/4 oz of shot. I also did a lot of shooting with 70 grains under 1 oz for snowshoe hare. You might check with Navy Arms or Dixie Gun Works. I bet they could be a lot more specific.

got the same shotgun and that is about what I use,a little heavier load of shot and powder for turkey though

It would depend on what model you have, I have had two NA doubles, one is a light weight model and the other is heavier, on both guns the max load is stamped on the underside of the barrel. The loads suggested here are in line with the guns capabilities,if it is the the lighter weight gun the the heavier loads will be uncomfortable.

Have fun, I love mine.
Bob

Back