• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NC squirrel opens Monday!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Egler

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Its almost like Christmas coming! Here in NC squirrel opens Monday. I can't get out until Wednesday, but I've been looking forward to it for weeks. :grin:

Bobcat opens Monday too, and I suppose you could say I occasionally hunt bobcat, if by 'hunt' you mean go into the woods, find tracks, try various methods, and never actually see a bobcat. :haha:

I have a bobcat skin ready to be mailed to me! It committed suicide by running underneath my tires back in May. It is a real big male.

I'll be out there at first light...28ga Virginia and some #5s

05301125ydTunaCanTestsNo5s25yds.jpg

All this talk of squirls has me jealous. The few small squirls we have around here are not worth the powder.
Mainly we have chipmunks and they are too small to eat and they are protected by the state. My cats have not seemed to have gotten the no chipmunk killing memo. They are a favored food of my tom cat.

I could get a limit just by walking the neiborhood but I don't think the people would like me shooting sqirrels out of the trees in their front yard. :grin: Reckon I'll just have to get my .410 out and go the WMA.

Back