• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help with smoothbore I D

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Ellis

45 Cal.
Reaction score
name looks like A.U. Ayj sako not really sure of the first 4 letters in the last name but sure of the last 4 . It is a half stock smooth bore Damascus cap lock. A gentleman is wanting to trade it to me and that is all the info I have

OK I received the gun today and the name is E. Windsor seem to be marked 11 gauge but measure between a 10 gauge and 11 gauge Birmingham proof between 1813 and 1855 does anybody know how to find this E. Windsor information I am having a little trouble finding anything about him

OK I received the gun today and the name is E. Windsor seem to be marked 11 gauge but measure between a 10 gauge and 11 gauge Birmingham proof between 1813 and 1855 does anybody know how to find this E. Windsor information I am having a little trouble finding anything about him
Overall photo of the gun plus detail photos of all the stamps and markings would likely get you the info you are looking for. And the E. Windsor fellow up are looking for, got wonder if the E stands for Enfield?

Pictures would really help.

cant get a good picture of proof marks but on the chart it is the very first ones for Birmingham
SDC11881.JPG
SDC11883.JPG
SDC11884.JPG
SDC11888.JPG
SDC11889.JPG
SDC11890.JPG

It appears to be an original barrel, lock and furniture rebuilt with a new stock - and nicely done.

mhb - MIke

It appears to be an original barrel, lock and furniture rebuilt with a new stock - and nicely done.

mhb - MIke
Yes you are correct .I would just like to know where the gun was originally built and see if the stock was patterned after the original and find some info on the gunsmith THX

Latest posts

Back